Are you ready to become a more effective civic leader for Baltimore?
We carefully select each Leadership Class to ensure a robust learning experience for all participants.
Selection Criteria/What We’re Looking For
- Leadership success: Have you mobilized groups to accomplish significant results?
- Readiness to Participate:
- Are you open to listening to others, especially those who might challenge your beliefs?
- Are you willing to take risks and share controversial opinions?
- Are you willing to question your most deeply held assumptions?
- Are you ready to be uncomfortable, to support classmates through their own discomforts?
- Are you willing to share your vulnerability?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we invite you to apply for the Leadership Program!
In selecting class members, we look for a wide variety of diversity along as many dimensions as possible, including race, gender, age, and industry sector. We also consider each applicant’s background, civic experience, personal interests and philosophies.
We are fortunate to receive more applications than seats available every year and we take the selection process very seriously. A committee of over 25 Leadership Board Members and other alumni works with our staff team to conduct applicant interviews, review essays and make a final class selection that optimizes the learning experience for participants.
To complete the application process, you will need to:
- Attend an Information Session on September 24, October 7, or October 18
- Fill out the on-line application by 8:00 am on October 22
- Commit to the program attendance policy. To see 2020 program dates, click here.
- Participate in an in-person interview on November 7 or November 13
Interested in applying for 2020? Click here.
Email us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“It was a life-altering year and opened my eyes and my heart to so much of Baltimore that was unknown to me.”