Are you ready to become a more effective civic leader for Baltimore?
We carefully select each Leadership Class to ensure a robust learning experience for all participants.
Selection Criteria/What We’re Looking For
- Leadership success: Have you mobilized groups to accomplish significant results?
- Readiness to Participate:
- Are you open to listening to others, especially those who might challenge your beliefs?
- Are you willing to take risks and share controversial opinions?
- Are you willing to question your most deeply held assumptions?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we invite you to apply for the Leadership Program!
In selecting class members, we look for a wide variety of diversity along as many dimensions as possible, including race, gender, age, and industry sector. We also consider each applicant’s background, civic experience, personal interests and philosophies.
Tuition for the 2025 program is $10,500. Tuition assistance is available.
The Leadership is committed to ensuring that tuition cost does not serve as an obstacle for selected applicants to participate in the program. Tuition assistance is available to applicants and sponsoring organizations for whom the burden of tuition would preclude participation.
Information Sessions (Optional)
The Leadership will host optional Information Sessions for applicants to understand the program’s objectives and requirements. During each information session, candidates will have the opportunity to ask questions and to hear from Leadership alumni, staff, and current class members.
A committee of over 25 Leadership Board Members and other alumni works with our staff team to conduct applicant interviews, review essays, and make a final class selection that optimizes the learning experience for participants. We are fortunate to receive more applications than seats available every year. We take the selection process very seriously.
To be considered for admission into the program, applicants must complete all four of the following tasks.
- Completion of an online application form (includes attaching a current photo and resume).
- Submission of an Employer Sponsorship form
- Participation in a 60-minute interview with members of the Selection Committee.
- Review of the Full-Day Calendar and commitment to the required sessions and overall attendance policy
If you are interested in applying, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.