Are you ready to become a more effective civic leader for Baltimore?
We carefully select each Leadership Class to ensure a robust learning experience for all participants.
Selection Criteria/What We’re Looking For
- Leadership success: Have you mobilized groups to accomplish significant results?
- Readiness to Participate:
- Are you open to listening to others, especially those who might challenge your beliefs?
- Are you willing to take risks and share controversial opinions?
- Are you willing to question your most deeply held assumptions?
- Are you ready to be uncomfortable, to support classmates through their own discomforts?
- Are you willing to share your vulnerability?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we invite you to apply for the Leadership Program!
In selecting class members, we look for a wide variety of diversity along as many dimensions as possible, including race, gender, age, and industry sector. We also consider each applicant’s background, civic experience, personal interests and philosophies.
A committee of over 25 Leadership Board Members and other alumni works with our staff team to conduct applicant interviews, review essays and make a final class selection that optimizes the learning experience for participants. We are fortunate to receive more applications than seats available every year and we take the selection process very seriously.
Please Read To Apply For Class of 2022
Please read carefully to the bottom of this section, before beginning the application process. To be considered for admission into the 2022 program, applicants must complete all four of the following tasks.
1. Complete the on-line application form (includes attaching a current photo and resume) by November 2 at 8:00 AM.
2. Submit the Employer Sponsorship form by November 2 at 8:00 AM.
3. Participate in a 60-minute interview with members of the Program Selection Committee.
4. Review the 2022 Full-Day Calendar (see below) and commitment to the required sessions and overall attendance policy.
Throughout the last fourteen months, our goal has been to protect and honor the integrity of our Flagship Program experience, which for us has meant waiting to resume the Class of 2020 and delaying the next class until we feel it is safe to convene in person. Assuming the trajectory of the pandemic continues as it is today, we expect that the 2022 program year will take place either entirely or almost entirely in person. We will, of course, take all necessary health precautions and adjust nimbly to changing circumstances.
The Leadership is committed to ensuring that tuition cost does not serve as an obstacle for selected applicants to participate in the program. Partial scholarships are available to applicants and sponsoring organizations for whom the burden of tuition would be significant. The current cost of Program tuition is $8,250.
The on-line application for the Class of 2022 is now available. Please click HERE to start your application.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2022 Full-Day Calendar
“It was a life-altering year and opened my eyes and my heart to so much of Baltimore that was unknown to me.”